Child Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Kyiv International School believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse or neglect of any kind and recognizes its responsibility, in partnership with the school’s community and local resources, to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people. Kyiv International School is committed to the practice of prevention and protection from abuse or neglect and to acting at all times in the best interest of children and young people.
CEESA Statement and Commitments for School Websites
If your school is a member of the Central and Eastern European Schools Association, you must ensure that the following is true and publish it on your school’s website. If your school is not a CEESA member, you may adapt the statement and commitments, remove references to CEESA, and use the statement and commitments on your website.
CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement
- Safeguarding and Child Protection is a priority for every CEESA School.
- CEESA commits to supporting school environments that safeguard children through both prevention and intervention.
- CEESA works in cooperation with international agencies to ensure standards associated with best practices are regularly reviewed, revised, and applied in all operations, activities, and events.
- CEESA leaders honor and uphold child protection guidelines and procedures, in partnership with all stakeholders in their respective school communities.
All CEESA schools will:
- Actively uphold the CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement.
- Implement school-based Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies and Procedures that include regular onsite training.
- Employ safe recruitment practices consistent with Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies.
- Educate students and adults on Safeguarding and Child Protection.