Tirana International School is a candidate school* for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high-quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end, the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students
across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
*Only schools authorized by the International Baccalaureate can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
Tirana International School wants to have students and teachers on campus as much as possible, but is also committed to providing a safe and healthy leaning environment. We are all in this together and we want to have students and teachers on campus for as long as possible. This will take an intentional effort by all families, at all times, and in many different scenarios.
Responsibility at Home
• Please keep sick children home and monitor their symptoms closely.
• Inform the school if someone in your home has tested positive for COVID-19 and keep all students home for the isolation period or until a confirmed negative test.
• Follow the same recommended CDC and WHO safety procedures in your own personal lives and activities
Responsibility at School
• Monitor student and staff health throughout the day
• Adhere to the safety protocols outlined in our Operational Procedures for 2020
• Inform relevant parents in a timely manner concerning any COVID related issues or concerns.
• TIS has tested all staff members: teachers, office staff, drivers, security, sanitarians for the COVID-19 test. We will continue to test school staff as needed.
Our Limitations & Fears
• TIS cannot keep track of every family’s personal health data, activities, or travel.
• We prefer not to be in a position where information is hearsay. This is to say that one individual reports to the school what they have heard about a different individual’s health. Please encourage members of the community to communicate directly with the school.
• TIS does not want anyone who may end up having COVID-19 to feel guilty, shame, or embarrassment. We are all in this together.
• Individuals will still get sick with many other illnesses.
• A person with COVID-19 may be contagious 48 hours before onset of symptom making it very difficult to identify before spread.