Dear QSI International School of Bratislava Community,
I hope that you all have enjoyed the start to the 2017-18 school year. It has been nice seeing the students adjusting to new teachers, new programs, and new challenges. Every day seems to present our children with increasing opportunities for success...and the overall atmosphere around here is extremely positive!
Here are a few events/dates to note:
That's all for now....have a great week!
- Before School Supervision for Elementary Students--this is provided (at no cost) from 8am. Ms. Deborah, Mr. Slahor, and I (most of the time) will be outside (when the weather is nice) with the elementary kids or in the cafeteria (when the weather is not). At 8:45am students are welcomed into their classrooms.
- After School Supervision--school is dismissed at 4:10pm while general supervision is provided (at no cost) until 4:30pm. If you would like to have your child supervised from 4:30pm until 5:30pm, then this can be arranged for 150eur per term. The first term is from 10 September - 15 December. If you are interested in this option, then please contact Ms. Elena at email@example.com
- QSI Bratislava Open House is set for Tuesday, 5 September @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm. There will be a general meeting in the Blue Theater at 7:15pm, while teachers will welcome you into their classroomsbefore and after this general meeting. Please remember that this is a great opportunity to learn about the programs and expectations in the different classrooms. This is not a Parent-Teacher Conference; these are scheduled three times per year with the first ones on 15 October
- QSI/PSG International Brunch is now set for Saturday, 30 September @ 11am - 2pm. Please look to Facebook, the QSI Bratislava website, or an upcoming email from Ms. Mirka with more details. You do not want to miss this wonderful celebration of diversity...save the date on your calendars and get ready for a event to remember!
- The Parent Support Group (PSG) had a fantastic--more than 30 parents--opening meeting on Friday...WOW! If you missed it, no worries, please come join these energetic planning parents on Friday, 8 September @ 3pm (in room 121) for a session dedicated to International Brunch planning.
- Elementary Activities (3:25pm - 4:10pm) and MS/Secondary Sports & Clubs (4:10pm - 5:15pm) are off and running...thank you to our teachers for offering such an interesting and engaging variety of options. We will be confirming with parents and students to ensure that those activities with enough interest will continue, while some of the less populated activities may be cancelled.
Daniel Blaho, Director
QSI International School of Bratislava