Kyiv International School wants to have students and teachers on campus as much as possible but is also committed to providing a safe and healthy learning environment. We are all in this together and we want to have students and teachers on campus for as long as possible.
This will take an intentional effort by all families, at all times, and in many different scenarios.
If you are a member of the campus community, please report any COVID-19 related healthy concerns to the school immediately by emailing email@example.com.
Responsibility at Home
- Please keep sick children home and monitor their symptoms closely.
- Inform the school if someone in your home has tested positive for COVID-19 and keep all students home for the isolation period or until a confirmed negative test.
- Follow the same recommended CDC and WHO safety procedures in your own personal
- lives and activities.
Responsibility at School
- Monitor student and staff health throughout the day
- Adhere to the safety protocols outlined in our COVID-19 Campus Procedures
- Inform relevant parents in a timely manner concerning any COVID related issues or concerns.
- KIS will organize to have staff members tested for COVID-19 when necessary.
Our Limitations & Fears
- KIS cannot keep track of every family’s personal health data, activities, or travel.
- We prefer not to be in a position where information is hearsay. This is to say that one individual reports to the school what they have heard about a different individual’s health. Please encourage members of the community to communicate directly with the school.
- KIS does not want anyone who may end up having COVID-19 to feel guilty, shame, or embarrassment. We are all in this together.
- Individuals will still get sick with many other illnesses.
- A person with COVID-19 may be contagious 48 hours before the onset of symptoms, making it very difficult to identify before spread.
First Level Contacts:
An individual who was in contact with an infected person within 1.5 m for at least 15 minutes starting from 48 hours before illness onset. Learn more about Contact Tracing.
Second Level Contacts:
Individuals who were in contact with a first-level contact individual
(someone who was within 1.5 m of an infect individual for at least 15 minutes).
Required for any person who has had confirmed first level contact with an individual who is confirmed to have COVID-19.