Introductory Letter to School Community
QSI International School of Atyrau strives to provide your children with positive educational experiences that are characterized by caring, supportive relationships and free from neglect or abuse of any kind. We are committed to working with you to ensure that the school maintains this type of environment.
Quality Schools International (QSI) has developed a Child Safeguarding and Protection Handbook, which has been adapted to and adopted by this school. By enrolling your child(ren) at QSI International School of Atyrau, you agree to work in partnership with the school and you understand and agree to the child protection Code of Conduct. Protocols outlined in the handbook are aligned with the QSI Mission Statement, Exit Outcomes, and Success Orientations, as well as these two articles from the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child:
Article 19: Protection from abuse and neglect
. . . Shall protect the child from all forms of maltreatment by parents or others responsible for the care of the child and establish appropriate social programs for the prevention of abuse . . .
Article 34: Sexual exploitation
. . . Shall protect children from sexual exploitation and abuse, including prostitution and involvement in pornography.
To help our students to learn and grow in a safe environment, the following educational components are included in the school’s Child Safeguarding and Protection plan:
- Age-appropriate lesson plans to foster understanding personal safety, needs, and rights in each classroom.
- Parent information sessions and resources regarding the school’s Child Safeguarding and Protection programs and policies.
- Faculty and staff professional development workshops on recognizing and reporting child abuse and neglect.
Thank you for your support in maintaining a school and community in which students, staff, and parents feel safe and happy. If you have any questions about the Child Safeguarding and Protection plan or any other school policies, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Child Safeguarding and Protection Commitment Statement
QSI International School of Atyrau believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognizes its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to practice which protects them.
We recognize that:
• The welfare of the child/young person is paramount.
• All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
• Partnering with children, young people, their parents, and staff is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
The purpose of the policy:
• To provide protection for the children who attend school or participate in activities at QSI Atyrau.
• To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they will adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
This policy applies to all staff, paid or volunteers, students or anyone working on behalf of QSI Atyrau.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
• Valuing them, listening to and respecting them.
• Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
• Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
• Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
• Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
• Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.