QSI Application Checklist: 2016-17
Thank you for your interest in applying to QSI!
Please review the lists below to make sure your application is complete*. Incomplete applications cannot be processed; an incomplete application delays the admissions process.
1. Please visit www.qsi.org/china/szn and click on the “Click Here to Apply to QSI Shenzhen!” link
2. You will be directed to the Parent Portal system.
3. Begin your application by clicking on “register new user”
4. Log in to your account and complete the full application that includes:
_____ Emergency Form
_____ Biography Form
_____ Student Health Form
5. After completing the application, you will be contacted by the Admissions Office and asked to schedule an appointment for document drop-off and placement testing of your child(ren) (ages 5 and older).
Prepare copies and bring these documents to your appointment:
_____ Student passport (or Travel Permit)**
_____ Student visa (or Travel Permit) **
_____ First Parent/guardian passport** (1 copy for each child)
_____ Second Parent/guardian passport** (1 copy for each child)
_____ 2 passport-sized photographs of student
_____ 2 passport-sized photographs of both parents/guardians
_____ School records (grade reports) from previous 2 years***
_____ immunization records
6. Pay the non-refundable registration fee of 2,100 rmb (per child) to the finance office (this is done during your appointment). This fee is non-refundable.
After steps 1-6 are complete, the Director of Instruction will review your child’s file and test results. You will be contacted by email for the results of this review, and you may be asked to schedule an appointment for an entrance evaluation.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Coordinator, Mrs. Julie Garner, at
email@example.com or call 86-755-2667-6031.
*The student’s application cannot be processed until all forms have been completed, documents have been turned in, fees have been paid, and placement testing is complete. Steps 1-6 are mandatory before a student can be evaluated for acceptance.
**Please see the next page for details about which types of passports, IDs, & Travel Permits are acceptable.
***School records (grade reports) must be in official English translation and include enrollment dates, administration signatures, and official stamp certification.
*Acceptable forms of passports / ID cards:
Foreign nationality – provide a copy of passport photo page and the valid Chinese visa page
外籍身份 – 提供护照相片页及有效中国签证页复印件
Macau or Hong Kong –provide a front and back copy of Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao residents. We don’t accept Hong Kong and Macau ID cards or passports any more.
香港及澳 门 居民 – 提供港澳居民来往内地通行证正反面复印件, 不再收到香港和澳门地区的身份证及护照.
Taiwan –provide a photo page copy of the Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents and the permission to stay page.
台湾同胞 – 提供台湾居民来往大陆通行证相片页及签证页复印件
China – provide a front and back copy of Chinese ID card (only parents may have Chinese ID cards; students cannot use a Chinese ID card)
中国居民 – 提供中国身份证正反面复印件 - 部分家长