Secondary Campus Athletics
QSI Shenzhen is a member of two separate conferences as regards Secondary level athletics (ages 14-18). The PRC (Pearl River Delta) Conference consists of a number of international schools in Shenzhen and Guangzhou. At the secondary level we compete in dual matches or scrimmages with these schools (as well as some schools in Hong Kong and Macau) and for most sports, there is a one day, end of season PRC Tournament. In 2011-12, QSI Shekou hosted the PRC High School Volleyball Tournament on October 15, 2011 and the PRC High School Soccer tournament on April 14, 2012.
QSI Shenzhen is also a member of ACAMIS (Association of China and Mongolia International Schools) and we compete in most sports in a three day, end of season tournament against schools from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong. QSI Shekou as an Orange Division school (essentially Division II schools by size). QSI Shenzhen hosted ACAMIS Basketball this year so will not be hosting an ACAMIS tournament next school year.
At the secondary level we offer the following sports seasons for both boys and girls…
- Boys and Girls Volleyball
- Cross Country Running
- Table Tennis
- Track and Field
QSI ShenZhen is a proud member of the Association of China and Mongolia International Schools. Regular ACAMIS competitions are held in sports and academic activities. These events are hosted by member schools and follow strict rules. Athletes are housed by host families and at hotel establishments during these competitions. Students representing QSI ShenZhen in ACAMIS competitions are subject to the additional guidelines imposed by ACAMIS. These guidelines are published online at www.acamis.org. Students are given a paper copy of ACAMIS rules prior to participating in tournaments.
The purpose of ACAMIS is:
- To broaden the dimensions of education of all schools involved in ACAMIS in the interest of a total program of education
- To advance the professional growth and welfare of individuals belonging to the staff of member schools
- To facilitate communication and cooperative action between and among member schools
- To promote understanding and international friendship through the activities of member schools
- To cooperate with other organizations and individuals pursuing the same objectives as ACAMIS
- To encourage student exchanges (especially in fine and performing arts, environmental issues, sports and forensics)
- To collaborate on professional development within the ACAMIS region
- To support national and regional networking