In order to promote ethnic diversity within the student body and provide support to families who have financial need, the Advisory Board of QSI International School of Dongguan will appropriately award financial assistance to deserving families.
- Financial assistance is available to students in the 5-17 year old class.
- Assistance will be awarded to the oldest child in the family. There is only one grant per family.
- Financial assistance renewal applications must be received on or before May 1st for the following academic year. The administration will officially notify applicants by June 1st. The Director will prepare the list of recommended students for renewal for the Advisory Board.
- All new applicants and parents must interview with the Director and any other designated school personnel before the application may be acted upon. Financial assistance forms for new students will be accepted until October 1. The Director will prepare the list of new student requests for the Advisory Board.
- The Advisory Board will decide which applicants will be granted or renewed. Board members, whose children are receiving financial aid, must excuse themselves from discussion concerning specific requests for aid and may not vote in such cases.
- Recipients demonstrate financial need based on their income and expenses for deserving students who meet the social and academic standards set for success by QSI.
- Deserving students are those whose families do not receive tuition reimbursement from their sponsoring agency or an adequate overseas educational allowance.
Parents will provide:
- a written report describing their financial status
- proof of salary and benefits from their company
- Deserving students may also be identified as students whose parent is teaching at QSI International School of Dongguan.
- Students must be in good academic standing in their respective age level and a positive contributor to the climate of the school.
- Families who receive financial assistance will be expected to be involved and support the school and be actively involved with their child’s education. Examples of involvement: PSG Member, Parent Conference Attendance, Support School Programs and Events, etc. Parents will also commit to be a positive advocate for QSI Dongguan in the community.
Parents and school agree to keep all financial assistance details confidential. Failure to keep this information confidential will result in the termination of the scholarship/financial assistance.
Maintaining Eligibility for Continuing Financial Assistance:
Renewal of a student’s scholarship for the next academic year is not automatic. Assistance renewal is dependent upon the student meeting all of the following criteria throughout the academic year：
- Students must be successful in academics, making good progress in all subject areas.
- Receiving a “B” and/or “A” in all course objectives.
- Student behavior and contribution to the social climate of the school must be consistently positive.
- Receiving no “N’s” on two Quintile Status Reports
- No Quintile Status Report with more than one “N”.
- The student will maintain his/her “Attendance” by:
- Being absent no more than ten times per year.
- Providing written support for more than 10 absences.
- Participating in three school-sponsored extra-curricular activities and events.
- Remaining in good standing throughout the school year and following the behavior expectations as set forth in the Parent/Student Handbook.
- Refraining from cheating or plagiarizing.
- It is expected that parents of the recipient will involve themselves and contribute toward the general welfare of the QSI community.
- At any time, if these standards are not met, the Director may terminate or place on probation the financial assistance grant until the next advisory board meeting.
- In all cases, the decision of the Advisory Board is final.