Tirana International School is fully aware of its responsibility to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our students. All employees at TIS must report suspected incidences of child abuse or neglect whenever the staff member has reasonable cause to believe that a child has suffered or is at risk of suffering abuse or neglect. Reporting and follow up of all suspected incidences of child abuse or neglect will proceed in accordance with our TIS Child Protection Policy. TIS seeks to be a safe haven for all of our students and will continue to make child protection and safeguarding a top priority as we adhere to the statement agreed upon by CEESA:
CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement
- Safeguarding and Child Protection is a priority for every CEESA School.
- CEESA commits to supporting school environments that safeguard children through both prevention and intervention.
- CEESA works in cooperation with international agencies to ensure standards associated with best practices are regularly reviewed, revised, and applied in all operations, activities, and events.
- CEESA leaders honor and uphold child protection guidelines and procedures, in partnership with all stakeholders in their respective school communities.
All CEESA schools will:
- Actively uphold the CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement.
- Implement School based Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies and Procedures that includes regular onsite training.
- Employ Safe Recruitment Practices consistent with Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies.
- Educate students and adults on Safeguarding and Child Protection.